JFK Great Lot of Printed Ephemera, Assassination & Inauguration
Seven pieces of printed ephemera dating from the Kennedy inauguration and his from his death, detailed below. Provenance: From the collection of Ron Hoskins, assassinologist.
Five pieces related to the Inauguration:
1. Inauguration Ticket, 6" x 2.5". Pink, red, white and blue. Stamped with "Presidential Inauguration / January 20, 1961 / Stand West 7 / Sec. B/ Row 11 / Seat 12. Lafayette Park Between Madison and Jackson Place, N.W. / Opposite White House…" The verso contains thumbnail portraits of Kennedy and Johnson. Glue mounting stains on verso, otherwise near fine.
2. Inaugural Ball Ticket, No 5439. 4.25" x 3.75" on light blue card stock with stamped in dark blue titles, red stars and a gilt emblem of the White House with Eagle wings. Near fine with small pale stains, and slight abrasion to verso along edge.
3. Inaugural Parade Parking tag on card stock, 6.5" x 3". Three punch holes along top edge probably used to hang in the car. The verso states "This tag permits bearer to occupy a selected spot within three feet of the curb line on the north side of Pennsylvania Avenue …. Bearer may not "rove" far in this area. Nor may bearer move across Pennsylvania Avenue unless he has the specific permission of and is escorted by a secret service man…" Near fine with light corner creases.
4. Inaugural ball envelope, postmarked "Jan 7, 1961", 6" x 4". Hand addressed to "Mr. and Mrs. Arthur C. Currey". Return address bears the embossment of "The Inaugural Ball". Near fine neatly opened, however lightly grubby.
5. Inaugural ball envelope, postmarked "Jan 11, 1961", 6.75" x 4.25". Stamped "AIR MAIL", Addressed to "Mr. and Mrs. Arthur C. Currey". Return address of "Inaugural Ball Committee…". Very good, lightly grubby.
Two pieces related to his death:
1. Black bordered mourning card, 5" x 7". "In Memoriam / John Fitzgerald Kennedy / 35th President of The United States of America / May 29, 1917 / November 22, 1963 / "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." / Inaugural Address". Lightly toned, else near fine.
2. Black bordered bifold stationary, 4.75" x 7.75", announcing Kennedy's Funeral services. Imprinted to the recto "Funeral Services of John Fitzgerald Kennedy / Late President of the United States / November Twenty-Fifth Nineteen Hundred And Sixty-Three At Twelve Noon …". Near fine with light handling marks.
This item comes with a Certificate from John Reznikoff, a premier authenticator for both major 3rd party authentication services, PSA and JSA (James Spence Authentications), as well as numerous auction houses.
WE PROVIDE IN-HOUSE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!